Unific's tracking script will pair the order data to the Hubspot UTK token.
- HubSpot tracks all of your anonymous website visitors with their special tracking cookie.
- Through Unific, once those anonymous site visitors check out in your shopping cart and become a customer then you'll have their name, email, and all other purchase data in HubSpot.
- However, HubSpot can't know which anonymous HubSpot tracking cookie should be paired with which customer's information, so Unific's software needs to pair that data together at the time of purchase!
When an order is placed, Unific will create a "'Unific Tracking Form"and pair it with the Hubspot UTK token in which it belongs. This means that we have identified the individual that made the purchase and have correlated any previous cookies that Hubspot detected from your site (which is stored on Husbpot's back-end) and we will associated it to the Hubspot contact record for you to view. Any of the other forms not labeled "Unific Tracking Form" are not tracked by us. You would need to contact Hubspot directly to find out about those other various forms.
Here are the instructions to check whether the contact record in Hubspot is showing the tracking data.
1. Create an account with Unific.
2. Connect store & Hubspot to Unific.
3. After successful connection we can track user by installing tracking code.
4. Follow the instruction mentioned on the page to get UTK.
5. Go to the Hubspot->Settings->Sales->Tracking code.
6. Copy Tracking code and go to the store Admin.
For Shopify Users:
To copy Tracking code & Unific form code follow the same instructions as mentioned above.
1.ShopifyAdmin->Online Store->Themes->Actions->Eidt Code->Layout.
2.Open the theme.liquid File.
3.Paste this tracking code just before the </body> tag & Save.
For Woocommerce Users:
1. To copy Tracking code & Unific form code follow the same instructions as mentioned above.
2.Go to the Appearance->Theme Editor->Classes->Main Index Templete->Open index.php file->Paste the code.
For Magento Users:
Here's a screenshot of how the form will be listed in your Marketing -> Contacts -> Forms section of HubSpot
Notice the form will have no "Views": we're automatically submitting this form on your customer's behalf through the API to stitch their profile data together, so your customers will never see this web form.
For more information on Hubspot UTK tracking and cookies, please refer to their documentation:
Frequently asked questions:
Why does the Unific Tracking Form sometimes appear multiple times on the contact record?
Every time an order's status is updated, it is notated on the contact record. For example: if an order is pending, then moves to paid and then to a completed status, you may see the activity 3 times.